DPCI helped NBCUniversal develop a technical architecture for the porting of Alfresco web content management system over to Drupal 6 and also aided in the implementation of Drupal, including Drupal module development.
NBCUniversal (NBCU) is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. NBCU owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group and world-renowned theme parks.
DPCI provided Drupal consulting services to NBCU to help the company's engineers develop a technical architecture for the porting of Alfresco Web content management system over to Drupal 6. DPCI also aided in the implementation of Drupal, including Drupal module development for both the migration as well as enhanced digital asset management functionality within Drupal.
Not only did stakeholders at NBCU deem the project a great success for the first site www.telemundo.com, but NBCU was able to successfully leverage architectural and development decisions made at the outset to multiple other media brands owned by the organization.
- Migration of article, video, photo and photo gallery data from the NBCU Alfresco repository to the new Drupal content management system
- Creation of a dashboard-like homepage in Drupal for content editors to have easy access to create content, find and filter content, and access Drupal help and other instructional resources
- Enhanced digital asset management functionality including bulk upload of images and mapping of IPTC data to photo node fields in Drupal
- Improved gallery creation and editing workflow through use of Nodereference Explorer and Popups: Add & Reference modules
- Export of Drupal content to the XML format expected by NBCU’s CDA
- Integration of Drupal’s core trigger module and Scheduler module with aiCache to expire cached XML content upon editorial update